Social marketing revolves around the conversation others are having about you. These conversations can launch your brand into new and exciting opportunities, or lock your brand into a negative perception spiral. You can choose to facilitate the conversation, observe it or ignore it.
As of December 31, 2012, Facebook has over one billion active users. They had $1.585 billion in ad revenue in the fourth quarter, an increase of 40 percent from the year prior.
Social media is not just a young persons’ fad. According to a study done by Pew Internet, 50% of adults ages 50-64 report being active on a social networking site. The study also tells us that nearly a fifth of all women online are on Pinterest.
Shifting the Paradigm
BUILDING COMMUNITY IN THE SOCIAL MEDIA SPACE IS AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO:
- Increase brand awareness and favorability
- Monitor and act upon customer concerns, ideas and requests
- Show an immediate, proactive response in crisis situations
VI's marketing specialists will help you accomplish fundamental milestones of a successful social marketing campaign. We focus on helping you empower the right people, to transmit the right messages, through the right places and platforms.
- The design of your campaign will be based on the needs of the audience on which you intend to have an impact.
- • Define your message
- • Research your advocates
- • Create your content
- • Secure core advocates
- • Train your advocates
- How you implement your social marketing campaign will be based on the needs of the audience on which you intend to have an impact.
- • Launch the catalyst
- • Empower advocates
- • Support your advocates
- • Reward your advocates
- How you control your social marketing campaign will be based on the needs of the audience on which you intend to have an impact.
- • Understand what you have control over
- • Proactive tactics
- • Reactive tactics